Monday, February 2, 2009

Hate to beat a dead horse...

But wow! Six titles. What more can be said. Is there a team out there that better typifies its city, its fans, than the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Kudos to the Cardinals -- Larry Fitzgerald, Kurt Warner and company put forth a valiant effort.

The wings were spicy, sweet, crunchy. The bleu cheese sharp, cool and tangy. The Yuengling started flowing around 5, and a few later, I can still say I enjoyed it, really enjoyed it. As I said in the first post, there's a mood and a setting for every (well, almost every) beer. Today was a nice day for a Yuengling. Played nicely with the wings, cutting through some of the spice. I would've like something with a little more hop bite, a little more oomph and flavor to work with the garlicy, spicy, tangy, peppery wings and accoutrement. But there's something about drinking a Yuengling -- a little flavor yet traditional Pennsylvanian, American football lager. It's a true representation of where we could be as a beer-loving people.

I know, I know. It's no Iron City. But there was something right about it.

What to look for this week:
  • A couple new (our first, including a guest post by 71) reviews
  • First "Cooking with Beer Thursday": porter-braised short ribs
  • Whatever Phil has cooking, which I'm sure will be interesting

Happy winning, Steelers

No comments:

Post a Comment