Monday, February 16, 2009

Hoppy Goodness


Nugget Nectar, what a beautiful beer. Ryan can tell you that I love the beers that Troegs make. One of my favorite beers is the Hop Back and when I heard that Nugget Nectar was an even hoppier version, I had to try it.

This beer is a seasonal brew by Troegs that comes out every year around February. It is considered an Imperial Amber Ale. The moment you start pouring the beer the sweet hops hit your nose. There is a very fruity smell that is pleasant but not too sweet. The taste also does not disappoint. Just like the smell, you get a fruity aroma throughout your mouth. One specific flavor I picked up was peaches. Like I said, it has a sweet flavor but not in the sense that it feels syrupy. The taste then ends in a piney flavor.

If you like Amber ales or hoppier beers in general, this beer is nearly perfect for you. It has the great hop kick that I love but nothing to the point of being too bitter. Go get this beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment